Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Back to Bacarra (12/3/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Okay. Were to begin this email. I am writing it on Wednesday since we only took a 2 hour mini p-day on Monday (long enough to get haircuts) and then traveled to Sta. Ana and back on Tuesday. We are still getting everything ready for Christmas Zone Conference and we will hopefully be ready by Saturday, since it starts on Tuesday and Monday is P-Day. We designed an awesome shirt for the the APs, President and Sister Barrientos and us office Elders. At least the design looked really cool. We will see how the finished product is. It is going to be a great activity. I remember last years Christmas Zone Conference. I had only been in the field about 3 weeks and I loved it. We did service at one of the hospitals, painting and weeding. This time it's sports and I am more involved in the preparation and carrying out of the plans.

We contacted the French man on Saturday, Unfortunately, we didn't realize that the French Book of Mormon had arrived, so we didn't take it to give to him. We went by his house after running an errand and he was at home. We just talked with him at the door, or i should say, Elder M talked with him at the door. I was able to follow the conversation, kind of, but I missed the part where he told Elder M that to him there is no God. Ala! So we didn't teach him, but we have decided that when we are in the are we will go by and say bonjour. I managed to introduce myself to him in French, which Elder M didn't teach me, but I picked it up when he said it. I pray that the Lord will soften his heart so that one day he will let the missionaries share with him.

I also had exchanges in Bacarra with Elder P on Thursday. It has been almost nine months since I was assigned there, and the area is now flourishing. It was nice to get to go back and see people again. We worked with R, my recent converts I's uncle. Bacarra has come a long way from being only Elder Wood and Elder O to now having 8 missionaries, four Elders and four Sisters.

Th came to church with the Sim family on Sunday! She wanted to last week, but got sick and wasn't able to. She also wants to come to a baptism, which will hopefully be in the next few weeks. The gospel is really clicking with her and she is progressing well. Sister Sim is still dragging her feet on getting married. The first step is done, getting her birth certificate, but now she can't find it and she isn't looking for it, no matter how much we commit her to. I don't know what we will do if they don't get married this time.

This one is going to be short since my time is rather limited. I know that this is the work of the Lord and that he is directing it at every move. There is no other way that this work would be successful, and just look at how successful it is! I love being a missionary and I have learned so much in the past year and three months. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he lives. Nothing can take that from me. Mahal ko kayong lahat!

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!