Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Maligyang Pasko! Naimbag nga Paskua! Merry Christmas! (12/24/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

After the title in Tagalog, Ilocano and English, Merry Christmas! The time has come again and it is definitely different every year. For example, I just returned from playing Santa Clause with my companion for all of the missionaries up north. There was lots to deliver but we did it gladly. It is great to see so many happy faces. 

So since last weeks letter was the Christmas letter, I will do a quick update in this letter. I am no longer with Elder M. He is now serving in Vigan and I am serving with Elder S, still in the office and now past my nine month mark month here in the office. As far as I can tell, by the end of this transfer I will be the longest missionary to serve in the office in a while. One more transfer and I will be pushing a year. President Barrientos has given me instruction to begin to train Elder S for Finance though, so I will be out of here in not too long. I love it here though and I am going to miss the service opportunities when my time here is done. Elder S is great and I am excited to be his companion. He just stepped down as zone leader, but we met in the MTC. He arrived 3 weeks before I came to the Philippines. His Tagalog and Ilocano are great and he is super diligent. He will whip me back up to proselyting standards in no time. Haha. Just kidding.    

So we had the Ward activity just this past week and it was fun, but it went a bit long. We had to hurry and eat at the end to make it back for curfew. The eight of us missionaries in the ward did a musical performance based on Luke 2. It was good, but we should have cut it shorter. It is nice to spend time with members and investigators> I really love the Laoag 1 ward.

Most of this week was spent in the office getting the end of month and end of year financial stuff done, but it is basically done. Just a few more things to do. IT is hard on Elder S to be stuck in the office so much, but he is coping well. We wont get out tonight, due to lock down, but we are looking forward to a good few weeks in the coming transfer. We were able to find a new family, or add to one. We began teaching the family of one of our current investigators on Sunday. Families is a big focus for the mission right now. We are getting set to spring into next year, with the goal of 1000 souls again. We got close this year, around 700 or 800 yata. I am excited to be part of the work and to give my all to help the work.

Just real quick in word of tesimony to close. I love the savior. I am glad for this time to celebrate his birth and his life and atoning sacrifice. I know that he is the Only Begotten of the Father and that he came to Earth to to be our Redeemer. He lives. I know he does. I have that witness though the Holly Ghost and that is the greatest gift of knowledge that I have. I know his Church has been restored and that we have a living prophet now. I love this work and am glad to have so many blessings. Merry Christmas to you all! Mahal kita!

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!