Monday, November 25, 2013

Je sais que le livre de Mormon est vrai (11/25/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Yes the title of this email is in French and I will explain it in a minute. This has been a really good week. I guess that this week was thanksgiving week, but it has really slipped my mind. They don;t celebrate it here in the Philippines, but last year I arrived her on Thanksgiving day, so we had Thanksgiving dinner on our first night here. I really do miss it, but I have been so caught up in the work of the week that it didn't bother me too much. I will be glad to celebrate it next year with my friends and family at home.

We had interviews with President this week though my interview will happen at a different time. Since we are with President almost everyday, he does the interviews for the office and APs after the interviews of everyone else. I missed the training of the APs since I had a training via teleconference with the Legal Department on signing apartment contracts. I learned a lot, though I have already signed up 6 contracts just based on watching Elder B sign them. We then had a health and safety training from Sister Barrientos. Time to start up the old 72 hour kit! We then planned out our skit for Christmas Zone Conference, since our original idea fell through. We are doing a version of the Christmas Carol about a trunky Elder Scrooge. I am... a tree. The zone decided that since we have both an Elder and Sister Wood, adding scenery "wood" be easy. I am excited! After modifying the classic tale for the skit, I get to become one with nature. Our dance is also coming along well. Itik-itik is what it is called, or the duck dance. 

G told us earlier this week that he was going to be moving. And he did, though it may still be in our area. We are trying to find him again, but it is not an easy task with out any specific address and no one knows him since he is new in the area. We will find him though, this week. We also finally managed to contact a referral we have been looking for for over a transfer, Ab. We found her with the help of a less active (Bro. S) and the barangay officials he is close friends with. And as we approached the house, everyone seemed to know exactly why we were there and Ab was waiting for us. So we will go back this Saturday, with Bro. S or his son as fellowshipper.

The Sims all attended church this Sunday, though none of the other people we committed to come were able to. we found out last night that Th has been sick for a few days, which is why she missed the baptism on Saturday and Church. M, one of my former investigators that the Sisters in our ward have been teaching got baptized on Saturday! The Sim family is set on December 28 for their wedding and baptism. Please keep them in your prayers.

So to explain the subject of the email, Elder M and I are going to start teaching a French guy. The Elders in our district found him, but of course they can't teach him since he only speaks French. Luckily, Elder M is from Quebec and knows french, so president has given us permission to teach him. So I am trying to learn how to testify in French. I can't teach, but i will try my best to testify so that the Spirit will testify to him that the message is true. 

Well that is about all I have time for. We have some things to look for today in preparation for Christmas Zone Conference. I just want to end with a word of testimony about the power of the Holy Ghost in testifying of the truth. There is no greater source for gaining knowledge, for it is so personal that nothing can take the witness of the the Holy Ghost. It will testify to all humble seekers of the truth that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of all Mankind and that Joseph Smith was his prophet. That is what is different between this message that any other message, is that we can promise that an answer will come to those who seek. it has come to me, over and over.

Elder Ryne Warren Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!