Monday, November 11, 2013

Home sick, Training Sick, Sick Sick (11/11/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

The title of the email sounds ridiculous, so I will get to that in a minute. It is how the other office Elders described my week. I want to start this one off by thanking everyone for the prayers and concerns for all the missionaries here in the Philippines. Luckily for us in Laoag, Typhoon Yolanda hit down in Visaya, so it is far from us. We did get some nice rain though, and I got to travel in it again. I love traveling in the rain. Is for fun. I know that your prayers helped protect those of us missionaries here in Laoag and that the people who were effected by the typhoon will be blessed by the prayers and faith of all those who keep them in their hearts and minds. Thank you all.

So this week was transfer week. And it was crazy! As transfer weeks are to be. I think I used that right. Anywho, I didn't do much with the actual transfer day itself (it helps when that is our p day). But it was with the Arriving and Departing missionaries that things got crazy. It started with the departing on Wednesday. My district had district meeting in the morning since we cant really swing it on Thursday and to combine with the other district means to have the entire zone together. Then we worked in the office until it was time to take the departing missionaries to the airport. Elder Bul and I sat in the back of Presidents van with the departing and I felt at first like it was my time to go home. Home sick. Then we ran a few errands and went back to the airport to pick up the arriving, only to find out their plane was delayed by an hour. When it landed, one of the first person off the plane was a returning missionary, who ran straight to his parents in tears. Homesick again. But it was gone when the new missionaries got off the plane

I love getting to see the new missionaries arrive every six weeks. They are all so excited and energetic about the work. They all come from such diverse backgrounds so it is awesome to see how they are all here with the same purpose, to assist in the work of the salvation of men. We all sat in Thursday night when the trainers and trainees found out who their new companions were. And I realized how much I miss being a trainer and want to have the opportunity to train again. Training sick. Then that went away as the power wen tout and I went with the APs to turn on the generator for the mission home.

I had a headache Friday and Saturday, but that is easily cured when you are traveling and just sit in an air conditioned car for 6-8 hours a day. It was raining pretty hard in Cagayan and some areas there still don't have power since the typhoon two weeks ago. Elder M drove most of the way, since he now has his license. 

One last quick piece of news for this past week. We didn't get out to teach because of transfers, so i am sad that I have nothing new to report on those I teach. But we had an awesome service opportunity yesterday. It was MLC and President asked Elder Bul and I to come up with some parlor games for the Zone Leaders and Sister Trainer Leaders. That was so much fun. Everyone was laughing so hard. I will see if I can send some video, Especially of President Barrientos, who could not stop laughing. It was great. 

Once again that you for all of the prayers and support you give to all us missionaries around the world. Sorry this letter is a bit odd. It was an odd week. At least I didn't have dengue. It was a great learning time and I feel that I have come out of it better. Maraming salamat po ulit sa inyong lahat!

Elder RWood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!