Monday, September 16, 2013

Here we GO!! (9/16/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Whew what a week it has been. It has been a blur of action nonstop. One of the biggest things that has been happening is my training to become finance secretary for the mission. I am still not sure when I will take over, but is probably going to be in the next few weeks. Transfer day is next week and it is going to be a big one. We have 29 missionaries arriving, with over half of them being foreigners. There is still a lot of preparation that has to go in to getting ready for it and that is what this week is going to be used on. And Zone Conference. I am really excited for Zone Conference. We have been told to study in the scriptures and in Preach My Gospel about repentance, so I have a pretty good idea on what the topic will be. 

This past week has just been full of office work. I really miss being able to teach those who I hgave come to love in my service here in the Philippines Laoag Mission, but I know that the Lord is watching over them and will bless me and Elder Balbin as we perform the other labors that he has asked us to do. Elder A our Zone leader mentioned it at lunch today after zone activity that one of the things President tells the zone leaders is that the Office Elders are the engine of the mission. And we are constantly running on overdrive I can tell you that.

Once again our lesson count was low this week, but it all came to fruit this Sunday. We had Sister F and the A Family begin the process to go to the temple for the first time in December. YEAH!!!!!!!! Both are focus from the ward and both are being very proactive in working towards this goal. They have great motivation from family, since one of the A's daughters is getting sealed this December and Sister F's daughter in Denmark just received her endowment. The Lord has blessed us with great success among the less active members here and we are looking forward to more as we give of ourselves. The F family and the S family are also both attending church regularly now. And our recent convert Al will get the Aaronic Priesthood next Sunday. I love this work.

My time is a bit limited so this will most likely be a short one. We had a really fun zone activity earlier with both Laoag Zones at Marcos Stadium. We played capture the flag, ultimate frisbee and touch rugby. I know know how to play touch rugby so I need a rugby ball now. It was a blast and we needed the R&R in prep for this week.

Thank you for all that you do for all of the missionaries around the world. We feel your prayers for us and we appreciate the sacrifices you make for us. This truly is the Lord's work and he has entrusted it to us. It is our responsibility to do our best so that at the last day we can stand spotless before our Savior. This is his work and he will not let us fail. Mahal Kita!

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!