Sunday, September 22, 2013

Last Man Standing and a Typhoon (9/22/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

It's transfer day! And I am the only office Elder out of the four that have been here for 3 transfers that is remaining and I am now the finance secretary of the mission. Elder B, Elder VB and Elder H are all being transferred, the first two are now zone leaders and Elder H is a district leader and a trainer. One of our Assistants is also being transferred, Elder A and Elder T is our new  Assistant. He is my batch and was our first district leader in the MTC. The new office Elders are Elder M, Elder B and Elder P. Elder M is my new companion and the new supply manager, so he will take my place as finance when I am transferred. It is ironic since he was here a few transfers ago while waiting for his new trainee. 

I am now also the District leader of the Laoag 2 District and it is getting really big. One of the changes this transfer is that half of my area is becoming a sisters area. So there are now 8 missionaries in our ward. Our district has 14 missionaries in it. It is kind of ironic since 6 months ago the Laoag Zone was split since it was so big, but now both the zones it turned into are almost as big as the old one. There are so many new missionaries coming in right now. we have 28 coming Wednesday and then 30 in November. It will be interesting to see where all of them end up at. 

We weren't able to get much work in last week. Elder B and I have been preparing for me to take over and I have been doing the finance work since Thursday. We also traveled to Vigan this week to look at new apartments for the sisters down there, since that is one of the areas that is getting more missionaries. We were able to get in a few lessons with members. the M family (no relation to my new companion) has us over for a birthday party. One of the sons, whose wife is our recent convert, had his birthday and we shared a message with the entire family for the first time. 

There was a typhoon here on Saturday. It is the first time I have ever had that. the wind is crazy strong and the rain just pours down. Luckily it only lasted the one day and it wasn't to bad in Laoag. Up in Cagayan it got to signal 3, which is a pretty severe typhoon. I think they range them on a scale of 1-5, but I am not sure. All i know is it was bad enough that we were told not to go out and work. We did office work, though we had to fight through a few power outages. 

Well I am excited to get to start in my new responsibilities here in the mission. I know that the Lord will help me as I face this new transfer and I will be able to accomplish all that He needs me to. This is His work, the work of the salvation of men. He is the coordinator of all transfers, lessons, exchanges, incoming and departing, all of it is in His hands. That is why there is no force in this world that can stop the work. I know He is watching over all of His servants and over all of those who love him. Keep going with your work as member missionaries and the Lord will open doors for you. Thank you for all of the prayers you offer on the behalf of the missionaries. Mahal kita! Kita kits!

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!