Monday, September 30, 2013

"He's only mostly dead" (9/30/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Very first, my P-Day is now in Tuesday, so emails will now arrive on Tuesday and be read by me on Tuesday. This past week was transfer week and it was a crazy one. It was really weird to see Elder B, E H and Elder VB  pack up and leave on transfer day. I have been with them for 4 transfers now and we are close. But  the new office elders are great, so not too bad of an adjustment. I have been helping the three of them with their new duties, since they got just crash courses in their responsibilities. I guess it was a good thing that I enjoyed helping all of the office elders as well as doing my own work.

The financial world of the Philippines Laoag Mission is going well. As of today, I have signed contracts for two new apartments, given loans, done the month end report, paid for lots of stuff and still have loads to do! These past few days have been a but rough since one of the new office elders is sick. Luckily it isn't Elder M.  In this past week, all of the office staff including the APs and President have gotten sick, except for Elder M. For me, I got a sore throat thursday which then carried into Friday, when my voice was really hoarse and scratchy. Then I woke up Saturday morning and had no voice! I have never had that happen before and it is rough. I told President and Sister and when president called to check on me, I think he was surprised how bad it was. It's back now and I am healed up. There was a day where most of us were mostly dead.

It was a good batch that came in on Wednesday. There are lots of local Elders and Sisters coming in at this time and it is super awesome to see. They are all so full of energy and excitement it is contagious. As finance secretary there is a lot less that I have to do for incoming on transfer week. It all happens before transfer week.

I think I mentioned it in my last email, but the area I now work in is much smaller. President added sisters to Laoag 1 ward and they are working in the centro area that I used to. They are awesome sisters though and have already got the work rolling. I have mentioned in past letters about Mo, one of our investigators in centro. She is now being taught by the sisters and came to church on sunday! YEAH! It is so great to see the work of the Lord progressing through out the mission. we got a text from President Barrientos Sunday night that the mission had 101 baptisms in September. We are close to our goal of 1000 for the year. And this month is looking promising, I have already been asked to do two interviews for investigators of sisters in my district and around the world there are so many that are coming to Christ and entering the waters of baptism. I love this work.

For a quick spiritual thought, I have had the chance to study about the Atonement and the need for the Atonement. I love chapter two of James E. Talmage's Jesus The Christ, especially in connection with Alma 42. Christ is the only one who could preform the perfect and infinite atonement for all of the sons and daughters of God. he is our Savior and because of what he did all things that the Father hath are his. And he has made the promise that we will be joint heirs with him if we will believe on his name and follow his commandments. he loves us all and knows us all better than anyone except our Heavenly Father.

We just got back from traveling and are now ablt to do P-Day, so its time to close up. Mahal Kita!

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!