Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No one panic. That was deliberate... (4/8/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

So just so no one freaks out because an email didn't come on Monday, there have been some changes here in the Philippines Laoag mission. The first is that our transfer day is now Monday, so those who get transferred have to wait until Tuesday to have Pday. And I got transferred, so I was one that got to wait. I am no longer in Bacarra training Elder L. I am now an office Elder, the supplies manager for the Philippines Laoag Mission. I am living at the Mission home, though only until next week when we are moving out of the mission home to an apartment three doors down. With the increase of missionaries the mission needs a cheaper way to house the incoming missionaries, since our budget is still the same. So they hare going to use one of the apartments for the incoming missionaries and and put the APs in the other. We (the office Elders) have an apartment down the street (still with AC and a washing machine). My companion is Elder B, a Philipino from Australia. He is over the mission finances, which apparently could be my next task in several months. I am super excited to be here in the office, even though I don't get to teach as much and it is a tad more stressful. I've already helped with a transfer day, made the new mail list and am preping for the incoming missionaries tomorrow. The funny thing about all of this is that one of the departing missionaries when he first met me said that he could see me in the office. Looks like he was right!

Just for a quick update on Bacarra. P had his baptismal interview on Saturday and was found worthy. SO his baptism should be this Friday, but apparently one of the members caught him smoking Saturday afternoon. And since I am no longer in Bacarra I have no idea what is going to happen. It was sad to leave Bacarra but I know that this is where the Lord needs me to be now. I am serving in the Laoag 1 ward with all of the office Elders. I have only met a few of the investigators and members, since there was a bagio on Sunday so church attendance was low. I love it here already though. Everyone that I have met is super nice and willing to help us. The one investigators that I have met is the Simpliciano family. The three daughters are recent converts, but the parents are not members yet. We are working to move up their baptism for in May. They are already active members basically. 

As for conference, we get it this weekend. I have heard about some new temples, including the 17th in Utah and an awesome talk by Elder Holland. I am super excited to listen to the words of a living prophet and apostles. I love conference so much. we are so blessed to live in the latter days when we have the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have seen the gospel bless my own life and the lives of many people here in the Philippines and in the states. It truly is a great blessing. I pray that we will all remember that always and help others come unto Christ and partake of his salvation and return to live our Heavenly Fathers presence. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and  that this is his church on the earth today. Mahal Kita!

Elder Ryne Warren Wood

PS Sorry this is a bit of a short one. I'm still a bit overwhelmed with everything that is part of my new assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!