Wednesday, April 10, 2013

MARCH!! :) (3/3/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Welcome to March! Time really is flying so fast. It's crazy to think that in just about two weeks I will have been on my mission for 6 months. It feels like just a few months ago I said goodbye to my family at the MTC and started my training as a missionary. What is really weird is that the MTC feels like it was even longer ago. There is always so much to do that by the time the end of a day or a week rolls along it feels like there was not time at all and yet so much time. I know that it sounds a bit odd, but for those of you who have served missions I think you probably understand what I am talking about.

It has been a pretty normal week for me. Since I started training Elder L a few weeks ago, I didn't have to be part of the regular transfer and the new trainer training this week. I did get to see all of the missionaries from my MTC district on Wednesday before district meeting started. That was great. Having been with them all the time for 9 weeks and then going three months without seeing them made seeing them again even if it was for only a few minutes a great uplifting experience. 

The work is still going great in Bacarra. Like I said it has been a pretty average week this week. The biggest difference was the two almost arguments that people tried to start with Elder Lynn and I. This is the first time on my mission that anyone has attempted to have a "Bible bash" with us. We have decided to keep doing all that we can to avoid those types of situations, especially now that we recognize them having been through them. The other thing that has been different is our finding, which has been really down. We decided to take one of the ideas that is in the missionary planner and are going to try to start an English class. Got any suggestions for us Elder P?

Sh, who was baptized on the 23 of February, is doing great. He started going to seminary on Friday nights. His brother R told us that he hadn't even talked to Sh about it, but Sh just decided on his own to start going after being invited by the teachers. R also told us that S is looking at going on a mission! He's 16 now, so it wont be to long before he could serve. IT really is amazing to see the miracle of conversion working in the lives of other people. I know that this work is done by the Spirit through us. The missionaries may say the words, but the Spirit carries the words to the hearts of those who are listening and ready to accept.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your winter. It is coming to a close right? We really don't have winter here. Just the wet season and dry season, though I think it should be the wet season and the hot season.Keep praying for missionary opportunities and look for opportunities to serve. The Lord will pour out his blessing on us as we serve others in his name (Mosiah 2:17). God  be with you all till we meet again!

Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!