Sunday, September 21, 2014

Super Mario (9/21/14)



Dear Family and Friends,

Right off the bat, I have news about Sher. Unfortunately, he did not get baptized this last Saturday. His baptism is now this coming Friday. It wasn't because of anything that he did though. It was because for the second week in a row, we...

Got hit by a bagyo! Yeah it rolled in Friday night rather unexpectedly and just tore everything apart. It was the strongest bagyo that I have experienced on my mission and some of the members say that it is one of the strongest that has ever hit Ilocos Norte. It was a signal # 2 or 3, we aren't sure which. But it tore down trees and power lines and some roofs in Pinili. We got a text from the APs at 5:30 am Saturday morning telling us to cancel all of our appointments and stay in side. That is why we call it Super Mario. We had no power from early Saturday morning until earlier this morning. I have never seen wind so strong. It uprooted trees on one of the main roads in Pinili. Luckily our apartment didn't flood, but just about everyone else in our zone did flood. Hopefully this is the last one before I go home. 

So like I said Sher's baptism will be this coming Friday. He has also asked me to be the baptizer. My last one as a full time missionary. I really love this family so much and I have seen that they have come so far in the time that I have been teaching them. They are so happy now and all have such strong testimonies that they love to share with others. I know that the power of the Atonement has been at work in their lives and that they will continue to be blessed by it. I have lost count of how many times I have taught them endure to the end, but they really have a sound understanding of the importance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as a way of life.

We had zone conference this past week. This was my last got to bear my departing testimony. I will probably do it again in MLC next week. It is so strange thinking about all the departing testimonies that I have heard in the past 24 months. I loved hearing the testimonies of the Elders that were in the MTC with me and seeing how this has changed all of us. This Elders are all like brothers to me. Zone Conference was awesome. The focus was on teaching and President and Sister Barrientos both said many times that teaching is a skill that we need not just as missionaries, but throughout our lives. All of the things that we learn, whether in life or on a mission or as a family, are part of what Heavenly Father teaches us so that we can become like Him. And that is the most important thing to remember, that we can become like Him, and everything He does is to that end. That is why he sent his son Jesus Christ. All things hinge on the Atonement of Christ. That is why He is our light and life. I know that without a doubt. And that is where I sill stand my life forever, on His rock.

The work is rolling forward in Pinili. Elder Jun and I are working hard to get set up the coming months. I love this work and I love the Savior. I am excited (not trunky) to finish. but I will also miss it with all my heart. But there is still time to go! Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

Love,

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!