Sunday, September 28, 2014

Finishers Wanted (9/28/14)



Dear Family and Friends,

Well we went without a bagyo this week. So Sher's baptism was able to go forward! I attached a picture of it below. It was such a wonderful experience to get to be a part of the conversion of this wonderful family. Sher's testimony was very powerful, even though he was very nervous about sharing it. Being a part of this families journey to covenants has been a great blessing to me. I have seen the power of the Atonement in their lives and it is a strong witness to me of the hope that we can all obtain through our Savior. Sherwin also had an interview on Sunday to receive the Aaronic priesthood and will be ordained next week. The whole family already have their sights set on their next goal- temple sealing in 2015.

This past week we also had some success in "completing" some of our investigator families. The Flos, one of the part member families who we are trying to get to baptism, is now all learning together. Bro. Flos used to hate the missionaries and from the sounds of it wanted to burn the Book of Mormon that they had, but when he got sick he started to have a greater interest and is now reading from the Book of Mormon. His wife really wants them to come to church, but they did not come this week. we are going to find out why tomorrow. We also have started teaching the father of another investigator family, the Mo family and we are aslo working to get them to come to church as a family.

We also finally had the chance to teach to one of our recent converts. I have been trying to teach this little girl for almost 4 months now and we just had success this past week. We went to their house and Lue (RC) and her parents, who are less active, were all there. They committed to have family scripture study everyday and to come to church, but they didn't come to church. We will be following up with them also. We have many recent converts that we are trying to help come back to full activity in the church. Most of them are part member families or less active families. The work of the rescue is as important as the work of baptizing and it is all done by the same power- the power of the Atonement.

Well I am heading in to my last week in the field. Everyone in Pinili keeps reminding me of that, but they are all very sad. There is nothing that I can do to slow time down or stop it, so the only thing to do is to use the time that I have been given to the best of my ability. There is much that I need to do to prepare the people that I am working with to continue to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the best thing for me to do at this time is to follow the example of the Savior and to push on, no matter how hard, until I can say " It is finished". I got an email form Sister C in Latvia today with a great talk by President Monson titled "Finishers Wanted". It is an awesome talk. And it came at a great time. I know that as we all follow the example of the Savior and finish the work that we have been given. As we follow the example of the Savior and endure in faith, keeping an eye single to the glory of God. we will see miracles occur. The Atonement is the way that we will be able to do that. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and His Gospel is the Way. Let us all press on in the work if the Lord!

Love,

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!