Monday, January 27, 2014

To Buguey... and Beyond! (1/27/14)

Dear Family and Friends,

Transfer week and this time I am involved! Yes I am being transferred! After 10 Months in the office, I will be leaving Laoag City and going to Buguey, Cagayan. I am going to be a Zone Leader for the Gonzaga Zone. It the the farthest zone from Laoag and the mission home and it has been a pattern that the long term office Elders end up there. My new companion is Elder D and I will be the only foreigner in the apartment. I am super excited. my Tagalog will get much better now. I am now in a smaller district, with only 8 missionaries. I have been in one district my entire mission up until now. It has just some how changed around me. Really weird, but hey, how many missionaries can say that about their mission? Elder S is taking over as finance and my replacement is Elder W, who is the batch before me.

This has been a hectic week getting ready to hand off all of the finance stuff to Elder S. We were able to teach a few lessons, including to the Anc family twice. The last time was to Sister Anc, R Anc and his girlfriend Ly. They told us that since we have started teaching them , missionaries from two other churches have also been trying to teach them. But, they told us that we are the only ones that they like to listen to. How amazing it is that the Lord can trust the restored gospel to 18-26 year old young men and women. Man it is so true! I love this work and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that he is our Savior and that he has paid the price for our sins.

This is going to be brief since my time is a bit short. We have a meeting with President Barrientos in a few minutes. We just finished another office day with President up north and I will attach some pictures. I got to travel quite a bit this week, including to the North and South in the same day with Elder P. It was then that President told us that we were being transferred. The ironic thing is the apartment we were setting up and furnishing was his new apartment.  

Anywho, thank you all for your support and prayers. They have been a great help as I have been serving in the office of the Philippines Laoag Mission. Now I will need them again as i help out Gonzaga zone. I have only heard good things about Buguey, like it is "Zion", and there is not much out there. Bukid and ocean here I come!

Love,

Elder Ryne Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!