Monday, January 7, 2013

The New Year (1/6/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

Welcome to 2013 everyone! I hope that everyone enjoyed the year 2012 and learned from their experiences of the past year. I know that I did greatly and I was very blessed to have the experiences that I did. Thank you to all of you who had a part in my life during 2012. From BYU to Aspen Grove to a few months in Fallon to beginning my mission it was all awesome! I encourage everyone to take some time to think about the events of the past year and set some goals and make some plans for 2013. And If you want some help with goals and planning, I suggest Preach My Gospel chapter 8. It's awesome!

SO This past week have been full of mixed events and emotions. We got to teach a ton, actually more than we have before, especially lessons where we have a member present. We still get punted  of course, but we got punted less last week than we ever had before. Some sad news though, we went to visit MA, one of our investigators, on Friday and found that that she had moved. She found a job down in Batac and left to start just a few hours before we stopped by. We're glad that she has a good job, but we are also sad that we are not going to be able to teach her anymore. She was progressing very well and was supposed to be baptized on the 26th. Luckily, Batac is still in the Laoag mission, so we are going to make sure that the Sister Missionaries there find out that MA is there now so that they can  continue teaching her. 

Some good news now, S accepted a baptism date for February 16. He is still getting some stiff opposition from the members of his church, but it really doesn't seem to be stopping him. He came to Church for the third time on Sunday and he really loves church. Another one of our investigators, P, came to church. I can't remember if I've told you about him before. He is an older man who has a daughter and granddaughter in law who are members. We've taught him several times and he finally came to church on Sunday. And the ward was awesome in welcoming him. Many of them remember his daughter who is a member and they talked to him and encouraged him to keep coming.

I hope that M. Wade reads this part. Everyone please make sure that he does. On Monday, a member of the stake presidency of the Laoag Stake invited our entire Zone to come to lunch to celebrate New Year. Elder O and I got there early and got to talk to him. He told us that he served down in Baccolod as mission president from 2006-2009. I asked Him if he remembers Elder Wade and he said he did! He remembers Elder Wade tying a flashlight to his head to do laundry once and that he was an awesome missionary. SO M. Wade, President Daquioag says hi! He is now living in Laoag. It was really a great experience.

Well I had better close this letter. We are in Laoag for pday to get support money which means that our time to do other things is cut a bit short due to the travel time. I hope you all had a wonderful New Year and are super excited for 2013. I know I am. We get so many blessings every day of every year from Heavenly Father and it is important that we think about the things that he has given us. Always acknowledge his hand in all things and he will bless you greatly. Thank you for all your prayers and faith. Mahal Kita! Kita Kits!

Elder RWood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!