Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 2, 2012

Dear Pamilya and Friends,
This week flew by! I can't believe that it is P day already. This week has gone well, there is always so much to do here and it feels like there is not enough time to do it all. With classes, meetings, study and everything else that they have to do, it's all work and play roled into one.
So I forgot to mention last week about our investigator. We began teaching him the Friday that we arrived here at the MTC. His name is R and is from the Philippines. His wife is an inactive member and he wanted to know more about the church to get along with her better. It was rough at first because we could barely speak the language and had a really hard time understanding what he was saying. But we relied on the spririt and visited with him five times, teaching five lessons. The last lesson he accepted the invitation to be baptized. But, he is actually one of our teachers. It was a great experience teaching him though. even though we found out he was our teacher early on accident, it was still easy to think of him as R and love him and pray for him. We now have two new investigators, M and Ro and we can't wait to begin teaching them.
Tagalog is going really well. I have learned more in two weeks than I imagined that I could. It is coming so fast thanks to the Lord. He has truely blessed me with an outpouring of his spirit and I have been able to see the blessings that it has brought to my life. It is definitly not an easy language to learn though, with all the ng, angs, and other crazy things. I have found that in many ways it is an easier language than english. It just makes more sense, even if a single letter a is the difference betweenthe sentences: the people killed Jesus and Jesus killed the people.
I have also learned a tonabout the gospel during my time here. I love having devotionals and firesides twice a week. This week we also got to watch elder Holland's talk "Missions are Eternal". It is amazing. the spirit was so strong. I motivated me to want to be a better missionary. And speaking of elder Holland, General conference is this weekend! I encourage all of you to have a question or two inmind as you watch. Watch all of the sessions that you can and i know the Lord will answer your prayers. He has answered mine.
So some fun stories from my time here. First is that the best meal I get is breakfast at the temple on p-days. It is celestial, as the elder elders call it. Another fun story happened yesterday in the book store. i was buying some suppies for class and something went crazy when the cashier scanned one of my items. The total ended up at almost $14000. The look on his face was priceless and everyone in line had a great laugh.
Thank you for keeping me so well updated on things that are going on. I love to hear from everyone. I may not respond fast or at all, but I will keep you in my prayers and I pray for the blessings of the Lord upon all of you. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts on my behalf. I have felt them in my life and the Lord is answering them
 
Dad- Keep the scores coming.
Love, Elder Wood
Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles. -Sis. wendy Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!