Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 10, 2012

Dear Pamilya and Friends
Was conference great or what!? When President Monson announced the age change for missionaries the gym of the MTC exploded with sound. It was incredible. THe Spirtit was so strong during all of conference but especially during that first address by President Monson. I actually teared up the Spirit was so strong. I know that he is a prophet of God and that the work of God is moving forward unhindered in the Lord's eyes. And there must be a big event on the horizon since the Lord is calling all of His soldiers in the fight for the salvation of the souls of His children. I hope that the rest of conference was as powerful for you as it was for me. I went in with a ton of questions and by the end of the first session all of them had been answered. By the end of the last seesion all of the questions I had had been answered ten times over. I hope it went the same for all of you. One of the things that really helped me this conference was to ask myself for every talk, Lord is it I? I found that when i go into every talk with that general question in mond, the answer for every talk is a resounding YES. The age change was still the most amazing thing though. And I'll always remember it since I was in the MTC when it happened. I can't wait to get the chance to train some 18 year old missionaries fresh out of high school and ready to serve the Lord. I have already heard and seen how the change is blessing the lives of those I know, and even those that I have no clue who they are. We had a temple walk between the afternoon session on Saturday and the preisthood session. At the intersection outside the MTC a car that drove by had a girl in it who when she saw us on the corner leaned out and yelled "I'm going in at 19!" For all thos for who this was an answer to prayer, thank Heavenly Father fervently. Follow the promptings that he gave you this conference. Personally I really liked Elder Holland, Elder Bednar and Elder Echo Hawks' talks.
We had our fireside sunday night and guess who was the speaker. Chad Lewis! Crazy huh? He shared some awesome stories about sharing the gospel through his career and his contact with others like Teddy Bruschky(?) and the Wounded Warriors group that he hiked Mt Kilamanjaro with last year. He has a very strong testimony and really knows and loves the Lord. After the fireside Pres. B selected about twenty missionaries to be able to meet with Chad Lewis for a few minutes. Unfortunately I was near the back so no such luck on that one. I'm gal dthat I didn't because I instead got to see Elder Bednars talk here at the MTC last christmas, called The Character of Christ. I don;t know how many of you have heard of or seen it but it is amazing. Look for it and if you find it watch it. It is very deep and moving. IT really puts a new perspctive on the life of Christ and his role as our savior and exemplar. When in the most troubled of times and throughout all of his life, when the natural man would have turned in with self pity, pride of selfishness, Christ always turned out in selfless love and service. It is quite the address.
I'm sorry about last weeks emial not getting through. Hopefully it made it this time and the pictures made it alright. The eldest of the Elders that were here when we arrived just left yesterday and today. Thankfully, ten of them are going to Laoag. But i'll still mis them for the nect six weeks and those that are going else where. They have been such great examples for me and my district. I can't believe that my time here at the MTC is a third gone. In three weeks I'll be one of the elder Elders in our zone. It's crazy!
Congrats to my little bro TWood on his top rank in tennis regionals. Good luck bro! Thank you to everyone for your letters prayers and thoughts. I love to hear news about how you are doing and want to know how life is going for you. I know that the Lord is watching over all of us and knows what is best for us. If we will ask and seek to find out his will he will give us patnubay (guidance). I love you all and pray that God be with you till we meet again.
Mom/Dad- could you also send me my Philipines shirt? Thanks for your letters and love. I love you.
Love
Elder RWood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!