Sunday, August 31, 2014

When Mormons Met, We Eat” –Elder J (8/31/14)



Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a great week of my final transfer. Tuesday We went to the bus station and I picked up Elder Jun and we headed right back to Pinili. Elder Jun is awesome. He is super diligent and positive and is a great zone leader! And we have a crazy connection. He is from Bacolod and was baptized in 2011 and guess who interviewed him for baptism? The then Elder M Wade! Yeah! My cousin interviewed my last companion for baptism right before going home! I was super excited when I found out and then I showed him pictures and he confirmed that it was Elder Wade. Small world!

For starters, Sher is doing great. He is really working hard to resist temptation to drink or smoke. He had a minor relapse but is still moving forward for baptism. In fact we can move his baptism forward a week if he keeps it up. During the combined class yesterday he said that he is ready for baptism now, in front of the entire branch. The entire family is doing really well and even Sher's mom is warming up to us and joining in all of the lessons. We had an FHE Saturday night there and Sher said that is was the first time in a long time that he has seen his Mom so happy. Yet another testimony of the truthfulness of this work and the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was awesome to hear them all singing "I am a Child of God" for our opening hymn at the FHE.

I had another experience this week that really touched my heart and made me think about my relationship with Heavenly Father. We went to teach a few of the referrals that we got last week at a members home. Not all of them were there but there was two of the little girls there who come to church each week. We taught them a simple lesson about Heavenly Father and sang I am a Child of God and Teach Me to Walk in the Light with them. In the middle of the lesson, the younger girl, Ath asked us if when we get to heaven we will be able to hug Heavenly Father. We answered yes and I could just feel the truth of that answer. God is our Heavenly Father and because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ we will all be able to return to live with him someday. These precious truths are so important and we are all blessed to live in the time when the fullness of the Gospel is on the Earth. 


I had the chance to talk with President Galapia (Batac Stake Stake President) on Saturday about Pinili becoming a branch. He told me that all the paper work is done and has been sent to the Area Office for approval. It is getting close now. All of the members are very excited and we are looking forward to much more success in Pinili in the coming months and even after I am gone. WE are trying to set it up for baptisms for the rest of the year.  Elder Jun is awesome and is a great help in keeping me focused and not trunky. I love always being busy and doing all that I can to help others to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I got to sing for a musical number in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and I know that the Spirit testified to all the people there of the love of the Savior and how important he is for all of us. I know that he lives and because he Loves so will we. 

Thank you for all of the happy birthday wishes. I had a great birthday, though it was not what I expected. It was great because I got to spend it doing what I love, inviting others to come unto Christ. I know that this is the work of the Lord and there is no greater work. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Love,

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!