Sunday, July 27, 2014

I’m Singing in the Rain, Just Singing in the Rain (7/27/14)



Dear Family and Friends,

It rained this week. It rained hard almost every day. I don't mind the rain personally. I have a nice big umbrella so it is easy to not get wet. The only issue is that the rain means most people are out planting rice. Pinili is a very dry area, so when it rains it is the only chance that most people get to plant their rice. So when it is pouring rain almost all day everyday, there are many empty houses and not many people in town. We didn't let that stop us though and had an even better week this week than last week! We aren't afraid of water!

We had exchanges with the APs this week and I got to work with Elder Bu in Pinili. I have mentioned him in past emails, since we were in the office at the same time. He just became AP two weeks ago. Yes he went straight from being an office Elder to being an AP. IT isn't the first time it has happened in this mission. He is a great missionary and I learned much from him, especially on teaching for understanding. It was great to get to talk with him about the good old times int he office and all the crazy stuff that happened. 

Sher has now gone 3 days without smoking! Elder Ab and I have really been focusing on that with him for the past week. If he keeps it up he will be ready for baptism on August 30. The whole family is doing really well and they are super strong. We taught them how to have their own FHE on Saturday and they area excited to have their own each week. We watched the Restoration video and they could all feel the Spirit very strongly. Sister Aqu told us about how she felt as she watched the scene where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. I love testifying of the Restoration and I know with all that I am that the gospel and church of Jesus Christ were restored by Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. That knowledge is such a great blessing.

Pinili is continuing to grow. There were 50 people at sacrament meeting yesterday. The stake is working on all the paperwork and all else that is required for Pinili to become a branch. It wont be too long and all the hard work of the members and missionaries will come to fruit. There are lots of less active and recent converts at church on Sunday and in the coming weeks we expect to see even more. The work of the Lord continues unhindered all around the world. There may be opposition, but that has always been the case with the truth. But no matter what happens, the truth will always be the same and the work keeps moving forward. We have been having great success among all of those we teach and I know that it is because of the grace and power of God that that success has come and not due to anything that we have done besides working hard.

We found some great new investigators Sunday. Two we found back when It was Elder Seum and I. but we were never able to teach them. Elder Ab and I dropped by on Saturday and set a return appointment for Sunday afternoon. A and Emel were both there and listened very intently as we shared the Message of the Restoration. A had some great questions and we know that she is interested and we are going to plan to extend a baptismal date this week. The other two are the father and brother of a less active we were looking for also on Saturday, Ferd and Luc. Bro Ferdinand was very quick to invite us in and is very receptive and open with us. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for leading us to these people. I have been praying and fasting to find new investigators and the Lord answered much sooner than I expected. I know that the Lord hears all of our prayers and is only waiting for us to ask to give us blessings. I have received answers to my prayers and while they may not always be the ones that I expect, I know that they are from our loving Heavenly Father and are for our benefit. 

That is about it for the week. I know that this is the work of God and nothing can stop it. The Lord's hand is at work across the world and all we have to do is look around us to see the evidence of that. I know that as we all fulfill our own calling and duties in the work of the Lord, we will all have the blessing of God poured out upon us. I have seen it and I know that you all have too. Thank you for all of the support and prayers!

Love,

Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!