Monday, June 2, 2014

From Gonzaga to Pinili, Most Likely Never to Return (6/2/14)

Dear Family and Friends,

This is going to be super short. It is a really hectic day since we are in Aparri to withdraw and it is also withdraw day. Transfer calls went out last night and we got called. I am being transferred down to the southern part of the mission, to a small town called Pinili (in English- was chosen). My new companion is Elder S and we are the Zone Leaders of the Batac 1 Zone. He does indeed have along name. I know him from my time in the office and am super excited to get to work with him. I have always wanted a Polynesian companion and now I have one! Also, it is very likely that Pinili will be my last area, since I am now down to three transfers.

All of the people in Gonzaga were very sad to hear that I would be transferred. We didn't know for sure until last night, but we had told everyone that there was a chance that I would be leaving. We had an FHE earlier in the week and we had almost the entire community there. The members that hosted it said that everyone really wants there to be another one soon. We are hoping to have some good finding opportunities from the FHEs. We also met a new family, the Ase family. We only taught them once, but they are really interested, especially when we talked about eternal families. I love teaching families and seeing how the gospel brings them closer together. 

We have been doing more work with the Less Actives in our area. One of them is a neighbor of a bunch of members (active and less active) and she came to church with the daughter of one of our less active focus families. It is kind of ironic since the two times that we taught the family, the daughter who came to church was never there for the lessons, but the rest of the family who we did teach didn't come. We have some really awesome recent converts in our area too and almost all of them came to church. I am going to miss Gonzaga, but I am looking forward to new adventures in Pinili, Ilocos Norte. I am looking forward to new opportunities to learn and grow. There is always much to do and so little time in which to do it, or so it seems.

Just a quick insight from personal study to close off. I read in Alma 33 and I realized that it is just as great a discourse on faith as Alma 32 is. I love how simple and clearly Alma teaches that all our faith must be centered in Jesus Christ and his Atonement. That is where all of our hope comes from and the only way by which we can be safely guided through this life to eternal life in the presence of our Heavenly Father. We must never lose that focus of the Savior, for if we do, we lose all. I know that Christ is the Savior and that there is no other way for us to return to our Heavenly Father and to get through this life while receiving all the blessings God has in store for us. I know that He lives. 

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!

love,
Elder R Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!