Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sa kabilang banjer (At the other (Tagalog) other (Ilocano)) (4/6/14)

Dear Family and Friends,
Sorry for a no email week last week. President Barrientos surprised us all by announcing the morning after Zone Conference that MLC was a week early. In all of the craziness of traveling I was unable to send an email home. I will be sending some pictures next week, since I forgot my camera and flash drive today.
So it has been a packed past two weeks. We have had Zone Conference, MLC, ZTM, and a correlation meeting with the leaders of the Gonzaga District. So many meetings! I have received a lot of personal revelation in the past two weeks of things that I need to do to improve in the next and final six months of my mission. The monthly focus for our mission is qualifying for the Spirit and helping others to receive a witness of the truth through the power of the Holy Ghost. The Spirit is so critical in this work. I testify that without the Spirit nothing happens in this work. I have seen the Spirit change the lives of so many people over the past 18 months and I know that by the Spirit the lives of millions around the world are changing.
Some quick updates. M got baptized on the 29th of March.It was great to see her finally enter the waters of baptism. She used to have some interesting concerns. but by the power of the Holy Ghost and the atonement of Jesus Christ she was prepared to make that covenant with Heavenly Father. I will be sending pictures of the baptism next week.
We found a new investigator last week, H. He is a former investigator from another town in the zone, but he hadn't been taught by the missionaries since he move to Buguey two years ago. We actually met him once before at the church where he was playing basketball. He is super receptive and accepted a baptismal date for May 24 on the first lesson. remembers about Joseph Smith very well and he makes the connections of all of the doctrines. We have given several of our investigators baptismal dates and we are preparing to have a large harvest in May. In March, our mission had 141 baptisms! We are well on our way to our goal of 1000 souls by the end of the year. I am hoping that we can hit the goal before October, since that is when I will finish my time in the Philippines Laoag Mission.
On the bus to MLC last Sunday, I had the chance to talk with a man from Fiji who is here with his fiancee. He is Jehovah's Witness and of course the discussion turned to religion. He was very knowledgeable of the Bible, but there was a big difference between us. For me, my knowledge comes from the source of all truth, even God the Father through the power of the Holy Ghost. I had the chance to testify to him repeatedly about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the Gospel through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I love bearing testimony to others. That is the most powerful way for us to invite the Spirit into the lives of others. I left the bus with a new friend and I pray that he will have the chance again one day to hear and accept the Restored Gospel. We are so blessed to have the Book of Mormon and a living Prophet to guide us in these last days. There is no greater source of direction than revelation, both personal and through the living prophet.
Speaking of a living prophet, it is General Conference time! I am super excited to watch conference this weekend. I love hearing the words of the prophet and apostles. I know that God has called Thomas S. Monson to lead the true church at this time and that we have living apostles who bear witness of the Savior even Jesus Christ. I know these things with all my heart and soul.
There is so much that has happened in the past two weeks and I cannot even start to share it all. My time is running short so I will just end with my testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. He lives. He loves us. He is our way back to our Heavenly Father. He will come again to the Earth to reign as King of kings and Lord of lords. By His Atonement we can re reconciled to God by obedience to the Gospel. I know these things are true and I say them in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Thanks for all the support. Mahal Kita!
Love,
Elder Ryne Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!