Sunday, February 2, 2014

From the new Uncle in Buguey (2/2/14)

Dear Family and Friends,

Congratulations to A. Bice on the new Baby!!! I am an uncle! Hopefully I will get some pictures soon of [my niece] (hint hint). Man. I feel old. Kind of ironic since I was talking with the missionaries in our zone and realized that Elder D and I have been out the longest in our whole zone. Sixteen months this month. So crazy!

Well I arrived in Buguey after a long adventure coming from Laoag. I wish I could tell you all everything that happened in the trip, but there just isn't the time! All I will say is that the bus was full, so some missionaries who were supposed to get on along the highway couldn't and we had a missionary miss his stop. Oh the things that happen on the first day as Zone leader. I ended up riding on top of the multicab from Magapit to Gonzaga. A few days later Elder D rode on top of the tricy from Sta. Teresita to Gonzaga and back in the rain. Cagayan is like nothing i have every experienced before.

We have already had more lessons this week than I almost had in a transfer in the office. The last two Elders here set us up with a lot of great investigators who are working towards baptism. They are all so awesome and I love them all already. WE have two couples who are progressing towards baptism. One has all of the paper work done now and is just waiting to solemnize the wedding. The other couple just learned law of chastity and is deciding on a date for marriage. Luckily, Brother has friends that work in the city government so they will have an easy time with the paperwork. The members here are great and we have fellowshippers almost everyday. Big change from Laoag, 

I am the only foreigner in the apartment in Buguey, which is awesome! MY Tagalog is getting better already. I kind of went stagnant in the office, but I am on the climb again. I am also helping Elder D with his English. The most difficult thing for both of us is pronunciation, since there are sounds that neither of us is used to making. For me it is the ng and for him is is th. Our apartment is not far from the ocean, so we are going to do exercise on the beach. It is so beautiful and peaceful here compared to Laoag. Country versus city.

Well that is about all that I have time for. I will tell you more about Buguey in the coming weeks. I just want to close this with my testimony of how important this work is. No matter where we are in the world, we all have a role in the work of salvation. It takes everyone to do the work of the Lord and when we all work together, the Lord will quicken us by his Spirit and give us success. I know that Christ lives and that he loves us. Keep up all the work that you are doing. Pray, feast upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end! Hurrah for Israel!

love,

Elder Ryne Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!