Monday, May 20, 2013

The traveling Missionary... (5/20/13)

Dear Family and Friends,

What an insane week it has been and is going to continue to be. I've traveled more in the past week than I have in the rest of my entire mission except from traveling to the Philippines. With so many new missionaries coming in the next transfers there are many areas that are splitting to become four missionaries and the office Elders have the responsibilities to sign up new apartments, take new furniture and other stuff. So basically in the past week I have traveled to Vigan twice and to Magapit twice, all four trips with miscellaneous stop overs between to drop stuff off. Lots of time in a car and I'm not done yet. Tonight I head off to Vigan again and then to Santo Domingo tomorrow to move in a new apartment in preparation for new missionaries that will arrive there on Thursday. 

The Philippines Laoag mission is about to get swamped with missionaries. We have 25 coming tomorrow and 35 in the first week of July. We keep getting news of more incoming missionaries also. I just got news of one, from Elder Bham in the LA mission. His friend Elder O will be arriving in the Philippines Laoag Mission in August. Small world.  I'm super excited to see all of the new missionaries arrive. I'll be welcoming some as you read this tomorrow.

Al's baptism is on the 8th of June! It was going to be on the 1st, but his wife missed a few weeks of church and he wants to be baptized with her, so they just pushed it back a week. We haven't been able to get out to teach many people this past week and it will probably continue on through this week. We do have a few other baptismal dates coming up though. One is a newer one for our investigator Jy. She committed to be baptized on the 6 of July. Her grandma helped her come to that decision. Funny story about that one.  I miss being able to teach as much as I used to, but it's something that I am just going to have to get used to while I am in the Office.

I hope all is going well for all of you at this time. I really don't know who exactly reads these emails since they go on the blog, but if anyone has any questions, comments, concerns, interjections, or derogatory remarks, feel free to email me, just not the derogatory remarks. Keep looking for missionary opportunities and remember that the Lord is preparing the hearts and mind of people everywhere to here his Gospel. Remember as Nephi taught "This is the way and there is no other way" by which God's children can return to him. Mahal Kita!

Elder Ryne Warren Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY FIRST NAMES IN COMMENTS FOR THE PRIVACY OF ELDER RWOOD AND HIS FAMILY-THANK YOU!!